“This is the one of the best recruiting classes in the recent history of St. Olaf Wrestling,” stated Coach Sean Ahrar. “In the last three years, St. Olaf College has emerged as a regional power finishing fourth at the 2012 NCAA Div. III Regional Championships. I am very pleased with our outstanding incoming freshmen and am confident that they will add to and continue our fine wrestling tradition.”
1. Seth Barkosky: Seth is from Maple River, MN. Seth had his first appearance in State his senior year. His record was 30-13 with an overall record of 90-48. His GPA was 3.92 and was named as a 3rd team Academic All-State Wrestling Team by the Guillotine in 2011. Other achievements are being named wrestling captain for the Eagles his Junior and Senior years, lettered five times in wrestling, received the Ironman Award, and was awarded the “Eagle Award” by his wrestling team. Seth has been a member of the National Honor Society and Serteen for the last three years. He has also lettered in four other sports – track and field, baseball, football, and cross country. Seth is also a member of both band, and marching band and is a three-time FFA State participant. His future plans are to attend St. Olaf with a major in engineering and to wrestle for the Oles. Seth’s parents are Joan and Marc.
2. Miles Dobin: Miles is from Lafayette, California. He attended De La Salle High School in Concord, California. Miles placed top-16 at the Reno Tournament of Champions. One of the highlights of his senior year was a pin against Bakersfield’s heavyweight who is second in the state. Dobin placed fifth at the Lemoore Bash. Later that year he placed third at the Albany Invitational and was top-8 at the Mission San Jose Invitational.
3. Hugh Ellerman: Hugh is from Oak Ridge High School in Eldorado Hills, CA. His high school career consists of El Dorado County Champion, California Master’s tournament qualifier, Delta River League Tournament runner-up, Mark Fuller Invitational runner-up, Tim Brown Memorial Tournament 8th place, and Freedom Duals champion.
4. Adam Woitalla: Adam is from Northfield, MN. He is a three-time state tournament participant with an impressive class AAA career record of 142-51. He had 66 career pins and 235 career takedowns.
5. Daniel Parmenter: Daniel is a three year varsity starter at St. Johns College High School in Washington D.C. He wrestled 130 as a sophomore, 140 as a junior, and 152/160 as a senior. Parmenter was team captain for two years. He finished his high school wrestling career with a record of 70 wins and 20 loses.
6. Zach Gibson: Zach is from Morris, MN. Zach wrestled for the Chokio-Alberta-Clinton-Graceville-Beardsley Road Warriors in 7th and 8th grade, wrestling varsity as the team’s heavyweight in 8th grade. In 9th grade his school joined with another school for all sports. He wrestled for the Morris Area-Hancock-Chokio Alberta Tigers from his freshman to senior year as heavyweight. He finished his high-school career with a 121-52 record.
7. Ryan Williamson: Ryan is from Rochester, MN and wrestled for John Marshal High School. As a senior Williamson had a 38-7 record (2nd in all time season wins at JM), 25 falls (ties school record for most falls in a season), was all-conference, a scholar athlete and a state entrant. He finished his high school career with 119 career wins (3rd most in school history, 68 career falls (3rd most in school history). He was a two-time team captain, two-time all-conference, and was a five-time scholar athlete.