SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – Augustana head wrestling coach Jason Reitmeier handed out team awards during his program’s annual banquet held last week.
Reitmeier gave out 14 awards and recognized his senior class from this year’s team, which won the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference title and placed third nationally.
The Vikings also set a school record with 14 dual wins in 2010-11 and were nationally ranked the entire season.
Augustana had seven wrestlers earn All-America honors.
The following are the award winners for the 2010-11 season:
- Don Lubbert Most Improved – Al Meger and Sean Derry
- Viking Purple Heart – Gavin Nelson and Chism Fink
- Tom Meester Intensity Award – Gavin Nelson and Jason Jeremiason
- Booster of the Year – Kraig Presler, Brent Henriksen and Lance Fredricksen
- Viking Leadership Award – Lance Peters
- Sam Herriman Most Takedowns – Carl Serck, 112
- Koln Knight Most Wins – Gavin Nelson, 30
- Brent Henricksen Academic Wrestler of the Year – Cody Lensing, 3.96 GPA
- Jon Lundberg Most Falls – Parker Swanson, 11
- Kraig Presler Hardest Worker – Jay Sherer
- Brian Parlet Most Valuable – Ty Copsey
- Redshirt of the Year – TJ North
- Ken Bellmard Freshman of the year – Tom Davies
Ty Copsey was also recognized as one of only three four-time All-America honorees in Augustana wrestling history, joining Brian Parlet and Jamie Garvey.