Annual banquet wraps up the 2014-15 season and honors the accomplishments of this season’s team
Gopher Wrestling celebrated the 2014-15 season and the careers of its departing seniors on Sunday night at the team’s annual banquet in Minneapolis.
Emceed by Volunteer Assistant Coach Jayson Ness, the banquet included a year-end review from Head Assistant Coach Brandon Eggum, an address about the senior class from Head Coach J Robinson, speeches from 10 senior wrestlers and a collection of team awards presented by the Minnesota coaching staff. A group of six underclassmen also received the once-in-a-lifetime honor of putting on the “M” for the very first time as first-year letterwinners.
Below is a full list of the awards presented during Sunday’s banquet.
- “M” Club First Year Awards: Jordan Bremer, Ethan Lizak, Chris Pfarr, Jordon Rothers, Jake Short, Nick Wanzek
- Freshman Academic Award: Tijani Karaborni
- Upperclassman Academic Award: Michael Kroells
- Fraser Dean Most Courageous Wrestler Award: Chris Dardanes
- Verne Gange Scholarship/Leadership Award: Scott Schiller
- Intensity Award: Nick Dardanes
- Most Exciting Wrestler Award: Logan Storley
- Freshman of the Year Award: Ethan Lizak
- Most Valuable Wrestler Award: Dylan Ness
- Most Falls Award: Dylan Ness
- Most Dedicated Wrestler Award: Brett Pfarr
- Chris Berglin Most Improved Wrestler Award: Michael Kroells
- All-Americans: Chris Dardanes, Michael Kroells, Dylan Ness, Scott Schiller, Logan Storley
With its season now ceremoniously completed, Gopher Wrestling moves into the offseason to prepare for the 2015-16 campaign. To stay updated on everything happening as the team heads into next season, follow Gopher Wrestling on Facebook and Twitter.