IRVING, Texas – North Dakota State’s Josh Rodriguez (125 pounds) and Utah Valley’s Dustin Dennison (285 pounds) earn Big 12 Co-Wrestler of the Week honors for the sixth week of the season. This marks the first weekly award for both athletes.
Big 12 Conference Co-Wrestlers of the Week:
Josh Rodriguez, North Dakota State, RSr., Guadalupe, Calif.
- Recorded two wins last week including one 24-9 tech fall against Maryland’s Michael Beck and his third pin of the season over Trevor Mello of George Mason.
- Improved to 10-0 overall this season including 7-0 in dual matches with six tech falls and three pins.
- The two-time NCAA qualifier is ranked in the top-seven by six wrestling publications.
Dustin Dennison, Utah Valley, Jr., Pleasant Grove, Utah
- The Utah Valley heavyweight was one of three Wolverines to record a victory in Saturday’s dual at Boise State, as he picked up his win via fall.
- The junior earned a first-period fall over BSU’s Gabriel Gonzalez in just 1:09 in UVU’s 32-14 setback to the Broncos.
- The victory marked his ninth of the season (9-3) and his fourth by fall.
[eztable caption=”2016 Big 12 Wrestling Weekly Awards” width=”500″]Date,Wrestler of the Week
Nov. 7,”David Kocer, South Dakota State, Jr. (174 pounds)”
Nov. 14,”Dylan Cottrell, West Virginia, RJr. (165 pounds)”
Nov. 21,”Jacobe Smith, Oklahoma State, Jr. (174 pounds)”
,”Jacob Smith, West Virginia, RJr. (197 pounds)”
Nov. 28,”Timmy Box, Northern Colorado, RSr. (141 pounds)”
,”Austin Schafer, Oklahoma State, Sr. (285 pounds)”
Dec. 5,”Clark Glass, Oklahoma, RSr. (165 pounds)”
,”Kaid Brock, Oklahoma State, RFr. (133 pounds)”
Dec. 12,”Josh Rodriguez, North Dakota State, RSr. (125 pounds)”
,”Dustin Dennison, Utah Valley, Jr. (285 pounds)”[/eztable]