The #1 ranked St. Cloud State University wrestling team (14-0, 6-0 NSIC) will compete at the Don Parker Open on Saturday, Feb. 8. The open format tournament will be held on the campus of UW-Eau Claire in Eau Claire, Wisc. and it will feature many of the region’s top collegiate wrestlers. Action is slated to begin at 10 a.m. on Feb. 8.
Fans can follow all the results on Trackwrestling.com.
SCSU Wrestling News and Notes:
- The Huskies own a 14-0, 6-0 NSIC record this season.
- SCSU added a trip to the Don Parker Open after missing matches at the UW-Parkside Ranger Duals in January due to weather.
- Garrett Aldrich (141-pounds) owns a perfect 14-0 record this season, which includes four falls.
- Garrett Vos (133-pounds) is 13-0 this season.
- SCSU’s nationally ranked wrestlers include Garrett Vos (#2 at 133), Garrett Aldrich (#5 at 141), James Pleski (#2 at 149), Jake Barzowski (#2 at 157), Devin FitzPatrick (#3 at 165), Kolton Eischens (#4 at 174), Tyree Overton (#2 at 184) and Noah Ryan (#9 at 197).
- Amongst SCSU’s starters, Kolton Eischens leads the team with seven falls. He is 12-1 this season for SCSU at 174-pounds. Eischens has 69 wins as a Husky over three seasons.
- On the topic of career records, James Pleski won his 100th career match with the Huskies against Minnesota State last week. His career record with the Huskies now stands at 100-18.
- SCSU will return to its 2019-20 dual meet and NSIC season on Feb. 13 with a home match against Upper Iowa at 7 p.m. The match has been designed as Prep/Youth Day and all children in grades 12 or younger will be admitted to the match for just $1.00. Tickets for the match are available at the gate and all SCSU students get in FREE to this match.
- SCSU will salute its 2019-20 seniors during the Huskies’ home match on Feb. 19 against Augustana.
- Fans interested in attending the upcoming NCAA DII Regional or National Championships in Sioux Falls, S.D. can obtain ticket information at https://goaugie.com/sports/2020/1/10/2020-ncaa-wrestling-championship.aspx