At USA Wrestling, our number one priority is always the safety of our athletes and their families, all our members, our national staff and the entire U.S. wrestling community.
With that in mind, USA Wrestling has made the decision to immediately enact the following:
- Discontinue all sanctioned events (local, state, regional or national) through April 6, 2020. Any event scheduled through April 6, 2020, will be notified. If any event was previously sanctioned with USA Wrestling, that sanction is now revoked.
- Postpone all regional and national events through April 20, 2020. This is to include the following events:
- Girls Folkstyle Nationals – Colorado Springs, CO – March 26-29, 2020
- Last Chance Olympic Trials Qualifier – Millersville, PA – March 27-28, 2020
- Northwest Regionals – Centralia, WA – March 28-29, 2020
- Olympic Trials Silver Coaches College – State College, PA – April 1-3, 2020
- Folkstyle Nationals – Cedar Falls, IA – April 3-5, 2020
- 2020 Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling – State College, PA – April 4-5, 2020
- USA Wrestling strongly encourages all chartered clubs and coaches to adhere to local government and/or school district guidelines and recommendations when deciding whether or not to host practice(s). In cases where clubs have wrestlers from multiple states and/or school districts, USA Wrestling strongly encourages club leaders to use the most aggressive action plans as the criteria for making decisions. If a club does host practice, USA Wrestling strongly recommends requiring all participants have their temperature taken and not to allow anyone to participate whose temperature is 100.4 or higher. Additionally, participation is discouraged for anyone who exhibits signs or symptoms of a respiratory illness, even if they do not have an elevated temperature.
USA Wrestling is monitoring this situation daily and will rely on national and local government regulations and advice from medical experts, including the U.S. Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization. Please understand that this situation is fluid, and you should expect further updates that may well include extension of event moratoriums and/or additional cancellations. The health and welfare of all involved is our primary concern as we make event and practice-related decisions.
USA Wrestling has a page on its website solely devoted to COVID-19 at https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2020/March/14/COVID-19-Special-Section. This page includes links to resources for the wrestling community, as well as lists of statements, press releases and articles that involve impact from COVID-19.