Due to the nature of what it would entail to host a national or regional USA Wrestling competition, with the first priority being the health and safety of all participants involved, USA Wrestling has extended the postponement of its national and regional events through July 1.
In addition to the 10 national and regional events that USA Wrestling previously postponed through May 10, there are 10 additional events which have now been postponed:
- Western Regional Championships, Farmington, UT, May 14-16
- Northern Plains Regional Championships, Rochester, MN, May 15-17
- Central Regional Championships, Fort Wayne, IN, May 15-17
- Southeast Regional Championships, Wilmington, NC, May 22-24
- UWW U23 & Junior World Team Trials, Geneva, OH, May 29-31
- Southern Plains Regional Championships, Dodge City, KS, June 5-7
- 16U National Duals, Loves Park, IL, June 9-13
- 14U National Duals, Franklin, IN, June 10-14
- Junior National Duals, Tulsa, OK, June 16-20
- USA Wrestling Kids Nationals, Wisconsin Dells, WI, June 25-27
Working with its COVID-19 Advisory Committee and relying on current advice from health and government agencies, USA Wrestling is currently formulating the specific safety measures that must be put in place in order for the resumption of club practice and local or state competitions. Any such activity will only be possible when held under the guidelines set by local and state health authorities and in compliance with the safety measures being developed for the sport.
As this situation regarding this pandemic remains fluid and ever-evolving, USA Wrestling will continue to monitor its policies regarding National and Regional events, sanctioned events and club practices, and additional changes to these policies are possible.