Augsburg wrestler Emily Shilson and former Apple Valley wrestler Seth Gross also wrestled
Competing for the first time since winning the 2020 Big Ten title last March, Golden Gopher heavyweight Gable Steveson defeated Wisconsin’s Trent Hillger by technical fall at the 2020 Beat the Streets virtual event on Thursday night.
Wrestling outdoors in New York City, Steveson raced out to a 4-0 lead with a pair of takedowns in the first minute en route to an 11-0 technical fall in the first period. In the matchup of 2020 first-team All-Americans, Steveson improved to 4-0 all-time against his Badger counterpart.
2020 Beat the Streets Freestyle Matches:
- Emily Shilson def. Charlotte Fowler 10-0
- Joe Colon def. Seth Gross 21-15
- Rustam Ampar def. Jack Mueller 10-6
- Victoria Francis def. Alexandria Glaude 11-0
- Gable Steveson def. Trent Hillger 11-0
- Vladimir Khinchegashvili def. Yianni Diakomihalis 4-4
This year’s Beat the Streets fundraiser continued a tradition of 11 straight years of high-level competition held in numerous iconic locations. The unique and electrifying annual events have helped Beat the Streets, Inc. raise millions of dollars to support local youth wrestling programs which empower young people in New York City.