EAU CLAIRE, Wis. — Brady Gross (JR, Rosemount, Minn./Apple Valley HS) recorded a third-place finish at 141 pounds, leading the Augsburg University men’s wrestling team at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Don Parker Open on Saturday.
Gross went 4-1 on the day to finish third at 141, scoring two first-period pins, including a 2:30 pin over Cameron Riggs of St. Cloud State in the third-place match.
A total of 25 Auggies competed at the UW-Eau Claire open meet, mostly varsity reserves. The lone ranked wrestler to compete for Augsburg at the meet was 141-pounder Sam Stuhl (JR, Ellsworth, Wis./Ellsworth HS), the No. 3-ranked wrestler nationally, who went 3-0 with a pin and two technical falls.
Austin Gabbert (FY, Lester Prairie, Minn./Watertown-Mayer HS) went 3-0 at 133 pounds, finishing sixth. Charlie Stuhl (SO, Ellsworth, Wis./Ellsworth HS) also went 3-0 on the day, with a technical fall and a pin, at 149 pounds, placing sixth.
Cade Willis (FY, Kansasville, Wis./Union Grove HS) went 5-1 to earn consolation title honors at 141.
Placing fifth for Augsburg were Kieler Carlson (SO, Lakeland, Minn./Stillwater HS) at 141, Blake Jagodzinske (FY, Sherburn, Minn./Martin County West HS) at 157, and Seth Goetzinger (FY, Chatfield, Minn./Chatfield HS) at 165. Jagger Schack (FY, Osseo, Minn./Osseo HS) placed sixth at 285.
UP NEXT: Augsburg travels to face Concordia-Moorhead in its final dual meet of the regular season next Saturday (2/12) at 2 p.m.
AUGSBURG RESULTS BY WEIGHT CLASS
- 133: Austin Gabbert 3-0, 6th place; Justin Stauffacher 2-1; Carson Murray 2-1.
- 141: Brady Gross 4-1, 3rd place; Kieler Carlson 3-2, 5th place; Sam Stuhl 3-0, 6th place; Cade Willis 5-1; Brock Moore 0-2, Aedon Oberdorfer 0-2
- 149: Charlie Stuhl 3-0, 6th place; Tanner Kroells 4-2; Antonio Esteban 1-2.
- 157: Blake Jagodzinske 3-2, 5th place; Tate Torgerson 2-2.
- 165: Seth Goetzinger 3-2, 5th place; Connor Thorsten 1-2; Carl Leuer 0-1; Max Sokolski 0-2.
- 174: Carter Sorenson 2-2; Carter Paulson 2-2.
- 184: Adam Sylvester 2-2; Erick Ramos 1-2.
- 285: Jagger Schack 3-3, 6th place; Hunter Gorecki 3-2; Vincent Gladbach 1-2.