Huskies record 20th-best team GPA in NCAA D-II at 3.146
MANHEIM, Pa. – St. Cloud State Wrestling had 11 student-athletes earn NWCA Scholar All-America Honors, as the organization announced its academic awards on April 15. In addition to the individual honors, the Huskies earned the Scholar All-America Team distinction, checking in with the 20th-best team GPA in NCAA D-II at 3.146.
Redshirt senior Garrett Vos (Bonifacius, Minn.) was one of eight wrestlers nationally who had the unique distinction of being named Scholar All-American for a fifth time due to the extra year of eligibility awarded by the pandemic.
In order for a student-athlete to be nominated to the Division II Scholar All-American Team, he must have a minimum 3.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale, with that benchmark at 3.25 for those who qualified for the 2022 NCAA Division II Wrestling Championships and 3.0 for those who earned NCAA DII All-American status for the 2022 season. The athlete must also have competed in a minimum of four dates of competition.
2022 Scholar All-Americans | 2022 Scholar All-America Teams
St. Cloud State Honorees – Major – No. of Career Scholar All-America Honors
- Jake Barzowski – Education Administration & Leadership – Fourth Honor
- Joseph Bianchini – Marketing – Fourth Honor
- Augustus Donovan – Finance – First Honor
- Devin Donovan – Physical Education – Third Honor
- Anthony Herrera – Criminal Justice – First Honor
- Cody Minor – Real Estate – Second Honor
- Dominic Murphy – Mechanical Engineering – First Honor
- Nicholas Novak – Mechanical Engineering – First Honor
- Noah Ryan – Criminal Justice – Third Honor
- Shaeden Scheidt – Mechanical Engineering – Second Honor
- Garrett Vos – Criminal Justice – Fifth Honor
Check out Huskies Wrestling at scsuhuskies.com and on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.