MOORHEAD, Minn. — The National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) announced that Concordia earned Academic Scholar All-American Team honors and a pair of student-athletes received Scholar All-American awards
The Cobbers finished in the Top 20 in all of Division III for team grade point average. Concordia posted a team GPA of 3.608 which was the 18th highest in the nation. The Scholar All-American Team honors mark the eighth time in the past 11 seasons that the award has been handed out, that Concordia achieved All-American Team honors.
The 3.608 overall team GPA is also one of the highest for Concordia in program history.
The team GPA is calculated as an average of the top 10 students on each team. At least six of the ten athletes chosen must have competed in the NCAA qualifying tournament, and the other athletes must have competed in at least 50% of the team’s scheduled contests.
Juniors Chase Dockter (Bismarck, N.D./Bismarck HS) and Kellen Schauer (Bovey, Minn./Grand Rapids HS) earned National Wrestling Coaches Association were both named to the NWCA Scholar All-American list.
Dockter has a 3.67 GPA while majoring in Computer Science. Schauer receives NWCA Scholar All-American honors for the third year. He is a Healthcare Leadership Management major and has a 4.00 GPA.
To qualify as an NWCA Scholar All-American, a wrestler must be in at least his second semester at a school. His GPA must be at least 3.2 and he must either be a 2022 NCAA Qualifier with a record above .500, finished in the Top 6 of the Regional and have greater than a .500 record. He must have competed in at least 50-percent of the team’s schedule or have a winning percentage above 67-percent.
2021-22 Top 25 Scholar All-American Teams
- Augsburg University – 3.879
- Stevens Institute of Technology – 3.845
- University of Chicago – 3.807
- Rochester Institute of Technology – 3.786
- Olivet College – 3.755
- Johns Hopkins University – 3.726
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) – 3.720
- Heidelberg University – 3.678
- Coast Guard Academy – 3.676
- Castleton University – 3.663
- Williams College – 3.649
- Baldwin Wallace – 3.642
- Ohio Northern University – 3.640
- Springfield College – 3.632
- Washington and Lee University – 3.617
- Roger Williams University – 3.613
- Johnson & Wales University – 3.610
- Concordia College- Moorhead, MN – 3.608
- Wesleyan University – 3.579
- UW Whitewater – 3.560
- Case Western Reserve University – 3.557
- Ithaca College – 3.554
- Augustana College – 3.553
- Huntingdon College – 3.545
- Norwich Univerisity – 3.545