Byron Bears Wrestling Challenge 11
16 Team Tournament (PreK-6)
Sunday, February 18, 2018
Byron High School map
1887 2nd Ave NW, Byron, MN
ALL OF YOUR WRESTLERS ARE GUARANTEED GREAT MATCHES: This is a HIGH SCHOOL STYLE tournament. 15 weight classes and every team fills the weights with their best wrestler, regardless of age/grade. They wrestle through a 16 man bracket until 1st through 6th place winners are determined and champions crowned. Advancement in the bracket earns team points, and team Champion, 2nd & 3rd place plaques will be awarded.
ENTRY FEE: $225 per team payable to Byron Youth Wrestling
Send to: Amy Petersen, 626 9th AVE NW, Byron, MN 55920
WEIGHTS: 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 84, 88, 93, 102, 115, 130, Hwt. (200 max.)
COACHES: 4 per team will be permitted on the floor with an armband. Parents MUST remain in the stands or they will be asked to leave.
8 – 9:00 am,Weigh-ins – No weight allowance. Tenths will be covered.
9:15 am,Coaches/Referee meeting
9:45 am,1st round – Two matches per wrestler
11:45 am,2nd round – Wrestle to determine championship round wrestlers
2:30 pm,”Championship round (1st, 3rd, 5th) – 3 FULL MATS w/ INTRODUCTIONS“[/eztable]
- For weight brackets that are not full, unattached wrestlers from participating teams ONLY will be taken on a first come, first served basis to fill the brackets.
- Individual awards 1st – 6th place. Trophies for Champion, 2nd & 3rd place teams.
- 1-1/2 minute periods, MSHSL overtime rules apply.
- Minnesota State High School rules will be used. There will be a MSHSL certified referee on site as the Head Referee whose decisions are FINAL.
- There will be eight 1/2 mats running. Full mats for the championship round.
- Team rosters: Byron Bears Wrestling Challenge uses the same team member rules as
NYWA. Except you can have 2 wrestlers that are from different schools but they must practice with your team only.
- Wrestlers must weigh in with their singlets on.
- Headgear is required.
ADMISSION: $6 for adult, $2 for students
Concessions will open at 8 am and be available throughout the tournament.
16 teams determined on a first come, first serve basis (check). Rosters MUST be emailed by February 12th, 2018.
Questions? Call Amy Petersen at 507-272-0838 or email: email@example.com